Sunday, May 29, 2011

Vacation!

The school year is over!

My Dad always give me a bad time saying "you teachers get it so rough having your summers off!".  My response is:  "Do you know how many childless parents there would be if teachers didn't have some time away from their students?" - not that I would EVER harm a student, but the thought of hanging them by their toes for awhile has crossed my mind :)

The last week of school was a little bittersweet.  It was hard to say goodbye to some really great kids, and co-workers.  Others, not so much. This quote comes to mind: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.... " (Bilbo Baggins and his farewell speech in the Lord of the Rings).

Believe it or not, I've already done some sewing.  I've got 20 of 36 squares pieced for a quilt top and hope to finish it up yet this week.  Pictures to come soon!

Take care, thanks for stopping, and come again! - Elizabeth

No comments: