Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Meet Fred

I got in my car this afternoon, ran my windshield wipers, and there sitting on the hood of my car was.....Fred! (or Freida?)

I must admit Fred kind of creeped me out, but he was also fascinating to watch. He let me get "up close and personal" for a photo op and then hung out on the car for several blocks. I finally decided I better pay attention to traffic, so I pulled over and with the aid of a branch, Fred was safely transported to a new tree.

Doesn't he have that "take me to your leader look"?

Take Care - Elizabeth

edit: I have come to learn that Fred is actually a Praying Mantis. Since my car is quite a distance from any tree or bush, this little dude had to do some serious flying to land on my car! I guess I should feel honored!?!

3 comments:

Vivian said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!That second photo is glorious!!! Looks like Fred is definitely ready for some heavy duty praying or attacking!
They're fascinating critters.

Sundry said...

Love that shot with the blue sky in the background. Hope Fred likes his new neighborhood!

Shirley said...

I love bugs when there's a windshield between us. They're fascinating. Maybe he was praying you'd have a safe drive - or that he wouldn't slide off the hood of your car *LOL*