Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Love Coupons!

Oh, I was NAUGHTY today!

This is what happens when I'm free and have coupons in hand. I don't NEED these books.....but you see, I can rationalize buying them! A dangerous combination if I do say so!

The "Circular Baby Afghans" and the "Easy Japanese Quilt Style" books were purchased at Joann Fabrics with 50% off coupons. The Leisure Arts "Our Best Baby Afghans" was purchased at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon (plus it's replacing a copy that I lost to my basement flooding!) and well, "The Big Book of Animals" was purchased at full price (however less then $10.00!)....but it was just too darn cute to leave!

There's projects in each that I would love to do, and maybe someday I'll actually get to them. But for now, they are fun just to thumb through and dream up fabric/yarn combinations for! Ahhh - picture books for adults :)

Well, since I put in such a hard day of shopping, I feel the need for a nap! Some rain storms passed through earlier today and the air is fresh, clean and cool = good snuggle weather. So, I am going to take advantage of the cool and my cuddly blankets, and dream of all the crafts in my new books!

Take Care and Thanks for Stopping! - Elizabeth


4 comments:

Rhoda said...

I have made a ton of stuffed animals in my time. It's such fun to take a piece of flat fabric and make a personality out of it. Good job on the coupons. Enjoy pouring through them at your leasure.

Vivian said...

Bless coupons, and all the happiness they bring to us! Looks like you have some great titles for browsing and planning.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Ya just gotta love the cupons at Joann's.

Shirley said...

I love coupons. I figure if I buy a book it's going to stay on my shelf so I can enjoy it over and over. On the other hand I can spend $10.00 on a magazine, flip through it a couple of times and then put it away (or recycle it) and never look at it again. Sounds like you did good.