Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'll admit it, it has been a rough year, well....a couple of rough years. There have been definite times when it has been very hard not to dwell on or make lists of all the negatives, hardships, and worries, that life has dealt out.

But, today was not designed for us to gorge ourselves on good food (a nice perk!), but a time to reflect on what we are truly thankful for. So, here are some of mine; not necessarily in order of importance:

My health - even though I just had surgery, things could have been/be so much worse.

My parents - who are my best friends!

A warm home with a good roof over my head and plenty of food in the pantry.

My friends (including you bloggers!) and family who make life so much more interesting :)

My God - who always gets me through; even though I may not always like or understand the "process".

For the members and pastor of the church I play piano for once or twice a month. Even though I am not a "member", they have encompassed me as part of their "family". I have truly been in awe of the compassion I have received from them, some of whom I don't even know!

So, to all of you reading this, including my overseas/cross the border friends - where it may not be your "designated" Thanksgiving Day: Have a Blessed and Thankful filled day!

Take Care - Elizabeth



No comments: