Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August!!

Who said it could be August already? Where did the summer go?

I have good news regarding this fall - I have a new teaching position! I will be teaching Pre K - 8th grade music and it is a FULL TIME position. It is a 45 min. - 1 hr. drive one way, but with the economy the way it is, I am leery to pick up and move......especially if I do not have a job, or it is reduced for next fall. I may change my mind come winter, but for now that is the plan.

I did not want to have to leave my old position, but after being reduced to 3/4 time last year and looking at 1/2 time this fall, (and being treated like crap by the administration and school board) financially it just wasn't feasible. Oh, and get this - even though I was offered 1/2 time for this fall I have since been replaced by someone for FULL TIME!... i'm not bitter at all - grrrrrrrr.

Anywho, I am excited about my new position, and am looking forward to working with the younger grades. Unlike most H.S. students, the little ones still aim to please. Ahhh - what a nice change that will be :)

Now we move on to sewing pictures.

Here's another table mat. Same pattern and colors of the other one (diff. fabrics) that I had originally made for a gift. Now, I like them both - so I guess I can go "eeny-meeny-miney-moe" and give one away!


And, here's another purse. I love this pattern...I've made 3 already! It is easy, cute, and everything I need fits in it! Would you believe that it is made entirely out of corduroy? Yup, it is - working at JoAnn Fabrics over the summer has had it's perks :)



Well, I suppose this post is long enough so, take care and thanks for stopping by - Elizabeth

8 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I am glad you got a new job. You will do just fine with the commute. I like the purse, so very cute. I can see where working at Joanns would have its perks.

Vivian said...

Glad to read about your job. I don't envy your commute, but you're a young, energetic gal! You'll do fine.
Those cute owls are such a surprise to see on corduroy. Whooooooo is the purse for?

Shirley said...

Great news about your job. If I was a teacher I'd choose the little ones over HS any day. My daughter commutes 1hr each way every day and she doesn't find it a problem. I adore the purse!

Jean said...

Congrats on thenew job... the kaleidoscope star is awesome...I will have to check back posts and see how you did that. I also like the bag...the owls are so cute! What pattern is that?

Jean said...

I just read your profile, where in Iowa do you live? I live in Ia also.

Heckety said...

Congratulations on the new job. I agree that younger children are fun to teach, no room for boredom!
And your sewing projects are lovely!

Amy said...

I love the table mat and the purse. good to hear about the new job, sometimes God opens new doors and closes ones that are not for us,have a great day,Amy

julieQ said...

I love your purse! So cute with the owls...and your table topper is just wonderful. I am sorry for your back, I too have been on the surgery table!